Online Dating

Since I've moved to Vegas I have fully embraced online dating. I am fairly new here (been here 10 months) and most of the people I meet out are tourist who are only looking for a quick nut on their wild Vegas vacation. I took to online dating because I thought it would be easier to meet locals. Well, it has been interesting but easy is not the word I would use. I frequent two dating sites Tinder and POF. I need to explain the dynamic of these two sites. POF is a site where you can create a profile, set your preferences and men or women in your area can view your profile and send you a message. This site can be very overwhelming because of the many bums on there who are extremely bored because they have nothing else better to do with their day other than be on POF. So on an average day I get upwards to 40 messages to sift through. In Vegas women being strippers, prostitutes, or cam girls is normal. I will never knock my sex working sisters but I do not know how they deal with the disrespect. Too often I get messages with "How Much" "lets fuck" "$$" "Come sit on my face" and of course the pimps hitting my profile looking for new employees. Then we have the "lets smoke" guys. These men on and off POF really irritate me because they really consider smoking a blunt a date, and will try their hardest to try and have sex. Sometimes I will go smoke their weed and dip, but I don't show any other interest in these guys because all they have to offer is weed so that's what I take. I try to be understanding that meeting online you don't really know what you are going to get so you don't want to go all out on a date BUT why would I let a perfect stranger in my house, or why would do they feel comfortable having a stranger come to their home but not meet them out? Also, if smoking a blunt is just a way to get to know someone, and I know this already because I've met some great friends through smoke sessions, then why is the next step then rubbing on my thigh or grabbing my ass? There are two reasons for this, they are broke and/or don't have a car. "Pull up on me lets smoke" is the number one first message I get on POF. Still in there simple little minds they think rolling up one blunt then entitles them to some extra affection and even my vagina. I am not going to say every thing is bad about this website because it is really a good cure for boredom or if I don't feel like buying any weed. I have met some really cool guys on there, even the one I'm seeing currently, but it is a low quality website.  Now Tinder, I LOVE TINDER. Has my luck been great on tinder? No, but I haven't been lucky anywhere. How Tinder works is you swipe left for no and right for yes. Only men or women that you have at least a physical attraction for can hit you up. That alone cuts out SOME of the nonsense because not just anyone can hit you up. Tinder is notoriously known as a hook up site but I feel like as online dating is becoming more normalized that attitude has subsided SOME, but I live in Las Vegas so a lot of tourist are on tinder looking to hook up. Ive even come across some celebrity profiles who are in town for residencies. I try as hard as I can to only swipe right on locals but some tourist still slip through the cracks. The men on here a bit more desirable, more have jobs, cars, and places of there own, but it seems pretty common that most of the guys I meet on there are either new to town and are trying to find their way around or they come here often but don't live here. Well, most of the people I meet in Vegas period have not been here longer then 5 years. Overall, I enjoy online dating it has allowed me to meet new people, see different things in the city I would have never seen, and get lots of free weed which is always a win in my book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Esteem

STFU